Thursday 5 March 2015

Cool Caving by Lewis


After an early rise, from Mrs Gallagher waking us up on Tuesday, group 9 went caving.

 

At the start I was a little bit nervous just thinking about that tiny framed up space although also a little bit excited because it was my first time caving.   So my feelings about it were half and half when we met Scrutts our instructor in one of the bedrooms next to the Common room.  

 

Before doing anything else,  Scrutts told us what equipment we needed.  He said to get water proofs and a helmet and then to meet him at the van furthest away from the centre. We ran to get jumpers which was a pain cause I was at the top of the tower (82 stairs that's one thing I won't miss).   Then, after that, it was down to the drying room to get the water proofs on and helmets after that before going on the mini bus and driving off to the caves.

 

On the way we went on the most bumpy road.   To be honest I bashed my head on the side of he window.   Ouch!

 

 

When we arrived at the cave, it was small, really small.   Liza went in first then Chiara, Gracie, Charlotte, Ammar, Kirsty, me, Tom then finally Stewart.   At first I thought there was no way we would all fit in there.  After that, when everyone had got in, Scrutts asked us to turn off our helmet light so everyone did it.  It was so dark it felt like you were sleeping but awake it was weird.   After my eyes adjusted Scrutts brought out two rocks and made a spark then we put the head lights back on after our eyes adjusted again and went down St Thomas's path.!!! At first I wasn't going down, not a chance but Scrutts told me if he could fit down it so could I so I did it.  It was a tight squeeze but I made it to the other side.   I was proud of my self.

 

 

After all the should I or shouldn't I, we walked down down the hill and it was a fun morning.   We played about in the loch for a while then into the van it was lunch time.  

 

On the way home on the way back we went on the bumpy road this time I didn't hit my head yay Scrutts put on the radio and the song that came on.  Gracie hated it with a passion, she put her hands over her ears so we put up the sound.

 

When we got back took of our water proofs and went for lunch hip hip hooray.

 

But all the those stairs why!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment