Thursday 5 March 2015

High Ropes by Anna Green


On Thursday the 13 of February 2015 with group 7 and our instructor Morna, I  went to the ropes course with the help of Shaun.  Shaun and Morna helped us to get our harnesses, helmets and clips on.   I was the model because I had a harness on but unfortunately it was the wrong size so I got another one.   Léo and Flora got special red ones which meant they didn't need a weird thing.    They only got them because they were the smallest in the group.  Fedya and Dylan got the giant harnesses because they are the tallest in the group.   I got an inbetween one like most of the others.  They also gave us our helmets; most of us got red ones, the rest they got blue ones and Dylan got a blue one because of his hair.  Then we took a five minute walk to the course.  It was an uncomfortable walk! 

 

When we got there, we got asked a question: would you like to start on the small course or large courses?  We chose the large

 

I was the model again but this time for a different piece of clothing.    Then I was the first one in my group to go.   It was so so scary.  With some effort, I managed to get up the slippery log.  Then I climbed up the staples on the sides of the poles.  Here came the scary bit, walking across the wire holding onto a wobbly rope.   When I got to the other side, I climbed up more staples then there was a big log in the way and I was a big woose and stopped and jumped off.

 

Next it was Joanne's go.   She was epic at it; she didn't fuss one bit and she got all the way to the top and the end of the top wire.  Then it was Emily's go she was amazing as well she got to the top too.  I felt bad that I had not gone to the top.  After that it was Léo.   On the way down, Léo got caught on the wire.  It was so funny.  After Léo it was Fedya. He also got to the top but this time there was a difference, I was attached to the rope.   He was so heavy I got a bit of a wedgie,when he was on the way down!

 

  As soon as everyone had  had their turn, we got some juice and had a break.  We got going again but before we started we had a chat about how it was going to work. It was terrifying for me and Joanne, mostly me though.  I was only terrified because I was the first to go up the pole, it was so scary.  When I got up I was shaking so much that Joanne shouted, "stop wiggling the pole!"  When we were both up Jo Jo counted back from 5 it was funny because when she got to 3 she went faster and then we jumped...

 

We both caught the trapeze we were both so happy that we did it.  I was probably the most happy because I didn't get to the top on the ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment