Thursday 5 March 2015

Ropes Course by Miles

It was a Wednesday when group 5 did the ropes course. It was right

next the Benmore tower so we didn't have to go by mini-bus. The

equipment we needed was body harnesses, chest harnesses, seat

harnesses, ropes and a helmet.

First we went on the low ropes where you were only walking on ropes,

walking from tyre to tyre, swinging from rope to rope and jumping on bits

of wood.

Then we the high ropes. First we did the trapeze which was a high log

with foot holds and arm holds and at the top there was a square which

wobbled when you were on it. Here you needed jump and try and catch

the metal pole. When I was at the top, it felt like I was 20 metres above

the ground because the trapeze was really high. What I saw were hills

just behind the trapeze and my instructor.

The other thing group 5 did was another high ropes course which was a

beam that was steep. Then you had to climb up metal foot and hand

holds to two ropes, one for feet and one for your hands. After this, you

needed to go to the other side and climb up the the hand and foot holds

then onto another rope with ropes hanging from the top. Aneirin was

too scared to go on the high ropes, he only went on the low ropes.

I liked it because it was fun getting lowered down by my instructor really

fast and I liked swinging on the bar at the top of the trapeze because I

knew that I had made it to the top of the trapeze. I would love to go

again because I like climbing and it was fun trying to do a challenge on

staying balanced on the ropes. What I would change about that day is

trying to making our own fire because we smothered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment